Welcome to the Prosecutor’s Office

Child Support

The Child Support Division of the Cass County Prosecutor's Office establishes, modifies and enforces child support orders for custodians of minor children. It also establishes paternity for minor children whose parents are not married to each other at the time of the birth. The Division has over 1200 open cases and aided in the collection of over $3 million in 2020 and is on-pace for the same in 2021. 

The Child Support Office has no jurisdiction in matters of visitation and custody. A private attorney must be contacted to assist with those issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Title IV-D Child Support Program?
Title IV-D of the Federal Social Security Act requires every state to provide child support services. This is called the Title IV-D Child Support Program. In Indiana, the Title IV-D Child Support Program is administrated by the Department of Child Services Child Support Bureau, and is carried out locally by the county Prosecutor's Office, the office of the County Clerk, and the Courts.
What does the Child Support Program do?
The Child Support Program is required to do a number of functions to assist in getting child support dollars to families. These functions include:
  • Locating non-custodial parents
  • Establishing paternity (determining the child’s biological father) 
  • Low-cost genetic testing  
  • Establishing child support and medical support orders 
  • Enforcing payment of child support 
The Child Support Program also reviews child support orders to ensure they conform to the Indiana Child Support Rules and Guidelines, disburses child support payments to custodial parties, and assists other states, territories, and tribes in all of these activities. Most of these activities take place through the local county prosecutor's Title IV-D child support office.

How do I sign up for the IV-D Program so that the Prosecutor will represent me?
For information on how to join the IV-D program, contact the local IV-D office, at (574) 753-7790 or (574) 753-7880, or by email at titleiv-d@co.cass.in.us. Enrollment Forms are available at childsupport.in.gov/apply. When submitting an enrollment request, please also provide copies of the minor child(ren)’s birth certificate.

Please note that the Title IV-D Office does not represent either parent, but represents the State of Indiana and the best interests of the minor child(ren).
What if I am the Non-Custodial Parent, can Title IV-D help me?
Yes. Child support services are available to both custodial and non-custodial parents. Caretakers, relatives, or guardians who have custody of a child may also apply for child support services.
How do I report a change of address or new employer?
If you have a non-AFDC case you may go to the local IV-D Office or the local Clerk’s office. Please have identification with you. If you are receiving AFDC, you must contact the local Department of Family Resources AND the local Title IV-D Office.
What are your office hours?
The office is open to the public from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. For general information, please call Kidsline at the Child Support Bureau at (800) 840-8757 or the local Title IV-D Office.
How do I obtain status of my case?
To obtain status on a case, you will need to contact a caseworker at the Cass County Prosecutor’s Office, at (574) 753-7790 or (574) 753-7880, or by email at titleiv-d@co.cass.in.us.
How do I cancel a Child Support Court date?
If a court date has been set and the documents have been filed with the Court, you will need to appear for the scheduled date.
Where do I check on TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) (formerly AFDC) payments?
For TANF payment information, you must contact the TANF regional call center, at (800) 403-0864.
Where do I check on child support payments?
To check on a child support payments, you must call the Kidsline at the Indiana Child Support Bureau, at (800) 840-8757 or (317) 241-9636. Kidsline is available Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
I am the custodial parent and want information on tax intercept. How do I obtain this information?
If you are the custodial parent and want information on a tax intercept on your case, you must contact the State Child Support Office, at (800) 840-8757, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
My taxes have been intercepted. I need information as to why.
If you are the non-custodial parent and your taxes have been intercepted, you need to call the Cass County Prosecutor’s Office, at (574) 753-7790 or (574) 753-7880 or you may contact the Central Enforcement Unit at the Indiana Child Support Bureau at (317) 234-5700 and select Option 1.
My license has been suspended. What do I need to do?
If your driving, hunting, or fishing licenses have been suspended for failure to pay child support, please contact the IV-D Office at (574) 753-7790 or (574) 753-7880 to set up a payment plan. 
I am not getting visitation as the court orders provide. What do I need to do?
The Title IV-D Program cannot help with issues of child custody, visitation, and property settlements. You should contact a private attorney to represent you on these matters. Pro Se forms and resources are also available online at www.indianalegalhelp.org.

The Indiana Parenting Time Helpline is available for basic parenting time questions and can be reached at (844) 836-0003 Monday through Friday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, or by email at PTHelpline@dcs.in.gov.
What if I no longer want enforcement of my child support case?
You may contact the local IV-D Office and request a case closure form. Note that this will only close the IV-D portion of enforcement of your case and will NOT terminate any existing child support obligation. 
How can I make child support payments if I am unable to pay in the Clerk’s office during business hours?
Mail check or money Order: (Do not send cash)

Indiana State Central Collection Unit (INSCCU)
PO Box 7130
Indianapolis, IN 46207

Note: Include your ISETS case number and custodial parent’s name. 

Credit or Debit Card
Cash Options
  • MoneyGram outlets (Walmart, CVS, and more). Visit moneygram.com for a list of nearby locations
  • PayNearMe outlets (Family Dollar, CVS, Casey’s General Store and more). Visit paynearme.com for a list of nearby locations.
Contact the IV-D Office
Call (574) 753-7790 or (574) 753-7880 to request an Income Withholding Order be sent to your employer for a direct deduction from your paycheck.